Do you want to be the General Manager of Ireland’s biggest and best football club?
Cork City FC is looking for a unique individual to inspire and lead the Club in all activities during a critical phase in the growth and development of the Club.
The General Manager role will primarily be concerned with the club structure, management and operations of the club. Your role will focus on
- Initially conducting analysis, research and data collection to fully understand all aspects of the club and its operating environment
- Identifying and implementing step-change improvements to the current structure and resources of the club
- Building and leading a highly motivated operational team to maximise marketing, merchandising and PR opportunities and revenue streams
- Guiding and supporting the Board as the strategic plans and programmes for the future of the Club and Trust are put in place
- Working with the Board to develop a strategy to identify key potential sponsorship opportunities and providing support, engagement and stewardship to ensure all opportunities are maximised
The successful candidate will be able to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of responsibility and integrity. You will be able to set and meet robust targets and work to tight deadlines. You will have the business skills to provide objective advice and expertise to develop and grow the Club, across a wide area of disciplines, including HR, business strategy, and financial and management controls. A previous career involvement in the administration of a sporting and/or voluntary organisation will be an advantage.
- Highly motivated, energetic individual with ability to work within strict deadlines
- Strong numerical and analytical ability
- Ability to assess key issues and identify their optimal solutions, and deliver measurable results
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills with ability to manage a wide variety of relationships and stakeholders
- Ability to set and meet budget limits
- Positively influence and understand the tensions and pressures of working within an organisation that relies on the efforts of a wide range of people from full-time employees to committed volunteers
- Inspire confidence and competence in dealings with the Media
Applications must be received by close of business, Friday 22nd September 2017.
CVs will be accepted by post or email.
Post hard copy CVs to:
Whelan Accountancy Services
Electronic CVs, with “CCFC General Manager” in the subject line, can be emailed to
Cork City Football Club is wholly owned by the FORAS Supporter’s Trust, which is registered with the Registrar of Friendly Societies in Ireland.