Cork City FC have developed the role of the Supporter Liaison Officer over the last 3 seasons and now wish to seek a candidate(s) for the role for the 2019 season. The Supporter Liaison Officer work is done on a voluntary basis and acts as an independent voice for all CCFC supporters without bias.
The aim of the volunteer Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) is to build and maintain dialogue between fans of Cork City FC, FORAS, and the club itself. In the context of the progress made at Cork City FC recently, the SLO will focus on continuing the promotion of co-operation, understanding and partnership between Supporters, FORAS and club.
The ultimate aim is to create support for the club, among all stakeholders, including staff, supporters, away supporters and the local community. Carried out effectively, the role of the SLO will drive growth at Cork City FC.
In order to meet the objectives described above, the post holder will be expected to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all relevant matters affecting the club and Supporters including, but not limited to, safety regulations, ticketing regulations, travel arrangements, etc.
- Gather feedback, formally and informally, from supporters, identify key issues and opportunities and communicate these to the club
- Communicate key information to supporters and other stakeholders through a variety of media, including face-to-face meetings
- Support endeavours to continually improve relationships with key stakeholders
- Establish and maintain communications with SLOs at other clubs
- Actively seek out ‘best practices’, ‘benchmark’ clubs and other opportunities to engage, to promote dialogue and to improve supporter understanding and sentiment
- Become fully conversant with UEFA’s Supporter Liaison Officer Handbook (Available here)
SUPPORT / BENEFITS
The successful candidate will be given every assistance to achieve success:
- They will receive a club email and working space at the Bishopstown Training Ground as and when required
- They will be invited to relevant board meetings at the club
- They will be given access to relevant supporter feedback
- They will participate in planning meetings, prior to key fixtures
- They will enjoy access to, and support from, all key personnel within the club and supporter organisations
- They will receive a complimentary seat for all Cork City FC fixtures at the Turner’s Cross Stadium, and Away Games
- Reasonable travelling expenses for attendance at meetings associated with the role will be reimbursed by the club
WHAT TYPE OF A PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, confident and outgoing Cork City FC supporter, with a deep love for the club, knowledge of its heritage and with his or her finger on the pulse of supporter sentiment. This is an opportunity to participate in a new era at the club, defined by a close partnership with supporters and a commitment to the values that makes this club so special to its community.
The SLO should exhibit the following competencies:
- To love Cork City FC!
- A fervour for and deep knowledge of the heritage, history and values of Cork City FC
- A good record of attendance at both home and away fixtures
- A strong ability to communicate face-to-face, in writing and through social media channels
- An ability to present arguments; factor in key information and produce reasoned ideas and thoughts
- An ability to manage data, including but not limited to) supporter feedback formal and informal) and other club data
- To live within easy travelling distance to Cork
- Good PC literacy
- A creative thinker
- An ability to work with senior management & other senior personnel
- Friendly and polite individual
- Good listener
- Reliable and flexible
- Pro-active in resolution handling
- Good team player
- Good sense of humour
- High degree of empathy
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to exert a calming influence
Applications will be accepted in CV (2 pages maximum) and cover letter (1 page maximum), by e-mailing email@example.com.