City Edition’s special Europa League issue, complete with a special cover to mark the occasion, will be on sale for €3 on Friday night from the usual spots outside of Turners Cross, and also at the club shop within the ground.
You can subscribe to City Edition in print and in PDF versions, perfect for reading on your phone or tablet, using this link.
Inside this edition…
- Mark McNulty, City’s longest serving goalkeeper, is our featured player. He talks to Nevin Power about how he started as a goalkeeper, his long apprenticeship under Phil Harrington and Michael Devine, about playing in Europe, and how the season has panned out so far.
- From the Dugout: John Cotter talks about how Friday’s game against Bohemians may have marked a turning point in the season and just how important the crowd might be in tonight’s encounter.
- From the Boardroom: The Board of Management extend a warm welcome the staff, players and fans of Progres Niederkorn, the match officials, and UEFA delegate.
- Progres Niederkorn: Diarmuid Kearney brings you up to speed on tonight’s European opponents Progres Niederkorn.
- Where Finbarr Taught: Robbie Butler, Economics lecturer in University College Cork, writes about the development and history of football on television.
- Around the League: Michael Hayes updates us on the latest news from the league including the recent FAI Cup draw.
- Fans Forum: Cian McGrath delves into the fascinating history of Club Deportivo Palestino who hail not from the Middle East but rather Santiago in Chile!
- Behind the Scenes: Niamh O’Mahony chats with Paul Deasy about how the club plans marketing campaigns, and future things to watch for from the marketing side of the club.
- Corky’s Corner/Tonight’s Mascot: Corky tells us some surprising facts about Luxembourg and wishes Ivy Boland a happy birthday!
- European Nights: Moscow 1989: Dylan O’Connell delves into the history books to tell us about City’s first European game as the Rebel Army traveled behind the Iron Curtain to play Torpedo Moscow.
- On the Terraces: Lee Moore chats with City fans Gussie and Vincent Barrett.
- On This Day: @CorkCityOTD writes about a famous July 11 for City as Pat Dolan’s charges downed Johann Neesken’s Dutch side, NEC Nijmegen courtesy of a Kevin Doyle goal in front of The Shed.
- Rebel Army Uniforms: @MuseumofJerseys details the 2004 O’Neills goalkeeper jersey as worn by shot-stopper Michael Devine in that year’s stunning UEFA Intertoto Cup run.
- Laws of the Game: Cáthal Power delivers a mini-education on the laws, new and old, behind the beautiful game.
- Youth Teams: John Cian McGrath provides the latest news and results from the City academy teams.
- Cork City FC Women: Chris O’Mahony writes about the Women’s World Cup and the stunning US performances throughout it.
As usual, this issue is packed with great quality photos from our last home games, and former European games, from City Edition’s crew of talented photographers!