While many of the main objectives of FORAS changed rapidly throughout 2008, 2009 and into 2010, it’s primary objective of acting as a guardian of senior football in Cork has always held true.
The trust has set about securing the future of Cork City Football Club in two ways:
– attracting and increasing investment into the club by fostering links with local business and civic communities, an area not fully exploited in the past
– raising the local, national and international profile of the club
These activities continue today alongside a growing emphasis on player development and education, a stronger and more active role within both the local and League of Ireland communities as well as a belief that there is a very different and more effective way to run a football club.
In becoming a shareholder in FORAS, you lend credence to the assertion that supporters have a critical and long-term role as central stakeholders in the game. The trust has been the single biggest investor in Cork City FC since 2010 and will continue to play a vital supporting role in the years and decades to come.
In return for just €10/ €5 /€2 a month (Adult/ OAP or Unemployed/ U16), trustees are entitled to the following:
– a unique, stamped FORAS share in their name
– a unique, acknowledged membership number
– the right to attend the trust’s AGM or any other General Meetings called during the year
– the right to vote on all aspects of the Society’s business
– access to previous years’ audited accounts
– the opportunity to run for election to the Board of Management (after you have been a trustee for 12 months or more)
To join FORAS, please download and complete a membership form and send it to FORAS, c/o Cork City Football Club, Bishopstown Stadium, Curraheen, Co. Cork. You can also send an expression of interest to: [email protected]
Please note: to cancel your shareholding in the trust, you must make such a request in writing to the Board of Management. Your share will be repurchased by the trust at a cost of €1.27.
You can also pay by Paypal by sending the appropriate amount to [email protected] Bank drafts, postal orders and cheques can be posted to our address: FORAS, Bishopstown Stadium, Curraheen, Co. Cork.