WatchLOI, the SSE Airtricity League's new streaming platform, is now live.
WatchLOI will be showcased at a media event later today in Fuel Studios on Camden Street, Dublin. It is the league's first-ever streaming service which will deliver SSE Airtricity League Premier Division football to all supporters in Ireland and around the world.
The Football Association of Ireland and RTE Sport, in collaboration with GAAGO, have partnered to deliver a world class streaming platform which will guarantee supporters can watch the #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld wherever they are on WatchLOI.ie.
Each Premier Division fixture, as well as selected Extra.ie FAI Cup matches, will be live streamed with RTE Sport's cameras and commentary team set to create a fantastic production for supporters to enjoy.
Season passes went on sale this morning on the WatchLOI.ie platform at just €55 for supporters in Ireland and €69 for the rest of the world. It will be the perfect way for supporters to support their club with revenue created set to go to each club and with over 55+ matches set to be on the platform, it is also great value.
The SSE Airtricity League is set to restart on Friday, July 31 with Derry City v Sligo Rovers to be the first match streamed on the platform, kick-off at 5.45pm.
"We're delighted to be part of the launch of the league's new streaming service, WatchLOI," said CCFC chairman Declan Carey.
"While this launch is happening during a difficult time for supporters, I'm sure it will give all fans of the league a boost knowing they won't miss out on any of the upcoming action.
"This will be an important revenue generator for the league as a whole. We're also happy to offer a streaming pass for the 2020 season to all our season ticket holders who have been so loyal to the club."Cork City season ticket holders can apply for their free pass by following this link and filling out the form at the bottom of the page. You can sign up now at WatchLOI.ie. Season Ticket holders: If you hold a 2020 Cork City FC season ticket, you can apply for a free streaming pass. Click here for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How much is the FAI making from this?
- €0, the FAI is covering all production costs and all revenue from the platform will be split between the clubs.
- I only want to watch my club; can I just buy a club pass?
- No, currently you can purchase a season pass which will give you access to all league matches shown on the platform or you can purchase access on a match-by-match basis for just €5.
- Will every league match be shown on the platform?
- On the Island of Ireland, all matches apart from those shown live on Eir Sport are available via the platform. Outside the Island of Ireland, every match is available.
- Will the matches that are shown live on EirSport be available to watch in Northern Ireland?
- Yes, you will be able to watch them via EirSport. They will not be available on WATCHLOI.
- I am a Cork City FC season ticket holder for my club, do I have to pay?
- Is the current league fixture list correct?
- No, the time and day of matches will be reviewed constantly to best suit streaming, live TV and the clubs. Fixtures have been set for the first few weeks and the following weeks will be reviewed in due course.
- I am not based on the Island of Ireland, do I still pay €55.
- No, you will pay €69 or $79USD as you will have access to more matches than those in Ireland.
- How many cameras will be at each game?
- Unless the match is also being broadcast on TV, there will most likely be one camera at each match, but some games will have a two-camera setup.
- Who are the commentators?
- The commentators are being provided by RTÉ and most will be easily recognisable to league fans.
- Will matches be available for catch-up on the platform?
- Yes all matches will be available until after the end of the season.
- Can I access my account from any laptop, mobile or tablet device?
- Can I watch on mobile?
- If I live in Ireland and I travel abroad, can I still access my account?
- Yes, you will have access for what you signed up for.
- For further FAQ’s and technical information please visit this link - https://help.watchloi.ie/